Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Far more accurate than a daily horoscope or other personality test, I was surprised to see what my results revealed about me. In class, Swan’s activity asked us to draw what we wanted to be when we were younger. I drew me as the president. Interestingly enough, people who share my Keirsey results are Thomas Jefferson and Napoleon. The portrait of an ENTJ explains, “Hardly more than two percent of the total population, Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups”. Despite such a gratifying description, they also have a “short attention span” (249). Undeniably, these qualities seem to fit my personality in a few ways.



My ENTJ Brutha

    Although some of these characteristics are spot on, there are such characteristics that may either develop later or just something I had never noticed about me. The J in “judging” says that I value a “schedule is important want syllabus that is all explained clearly, spelled out” (249). The think the most thing we can garner from these tests to distinguish our strengths and learn to conquer our weaknesses. My personality results reveal that although I may visualize my goals, I turn to Inventor or Architect for execution. Our anthology provides tips for writing that addresses the individual’s strengths. Agreeably, an extravert works best when “Taking breaks for outer stimulation” (252). Additionally, a decisive student should “narrow options to decide on a topic” when prewriting (252). I think these unique techniques allow us to target how WE learn most effectively.
Our habits and actions may suggest much more than we think.





No comments:

Post a Comment